Hydraulic Brake Caliper with Rust Proof Piston Premium M3 Galvanised
Hydraulic disc brake calipers are a galvanised cast iron body, that suits most disc hubs which are commonly used on boat trailers. The premium M3 caliper is the top of the range caliper for quality and performance.
The hydraulic brake calipers provide reliable and efficient braking in almost all conditions. Due to the galvanised cast iron body and stainless steel piston, it has an improved resistance to corrosion. These brake calipers work in a similar manner to the mechanical ones as they both use the inertia acted on the overide coupling for activation. Brake fluid from the master cylinder is sent quickly through the lines to the caliper, pushing the pads onto the disc and slowing down your trailer.
Trailers with a GTM over 2000kg require an independent controller and breakaway unit, should the tow vehicle become disconnected. Trailers with a GTM under 2000kg can be operated using just the standard hydraulic overide coupling.
All small parts of the caliper including bushes, springs, bolts etc. are made from stainless steel to provide as much resistance to corrosion as possible and will continue to function after exposure.
- Increased stopping power compared to drum brakes
- Better heat dissipation
- Low maintainence and easily serviceable
- Dacromet coated for salt water corrosion resistance
- Less movement from coupling piston required for brake activation
- Can be used with majority of disc hubs or rotors
- 1 x Hydraulic brake caliper with stainless steel piston, pads and bushes premium M3 type
|Dimensions||20 × 12 × 12 cm|